Monday, January 28, 2013

Proud Mama Moment!!

Winnie the Pooh Word Game


I got this Winnie the Pooh word game from the dollar store to use for a Montessori task I saw on Pinterest.  I took it out yesterday to show Lyric because I wanted to work on the other aspect of the activity.  I let her play with it while I worked, and then I laid out all of the cards to show her that there were pairs, and explained to her that as another game she could match the pairs of pictures for fun.


Tonight while I was making dinner, I got the cards out for her because she made it known through her system of clicks and whistles that she wanted to play with it.  I figured she was just laying them out at random and looking at the pictures, because that's what she usually does when she has a deck of any kind of card.


Imagine my surprise when I came out and saw this.  Neither of us helped her with any of these pairs.  She did it all by herself.  Later on, I needed Travis to distract her while I was doing things with the food in the oven.  He scooped up all the cards and laid out a single set for her, then handed her a card one by one and told her to find it's match.  She got all but 5 of them before she got bored and decided to find another activity.  I was so proud to see her pick up this skill so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment